Monday, January 21, 2008

First Post for 2008

I can't believe I've left it this long to add to my blog. I must say that it was exhausting organizing the screening of The Business of Being Born - there was more work than I'd anticipated. The feedback from the screening was very positive - I'd love to make the documentary more widely available. It looks like the DVD will be released in March 2008 - which is great news. I'll keep you posted.

Christmas was fantastic, I enjoyed time with my family doing Christmas activities (like taking my younger children into the city - they are seen in this photo riding Santa's train).

I continue to work at the local hospital in the birth unit. It is challenging as intervention rate is unnecessarily high. The system has lost sight of what normal birth is and complication rate is high. It is rewarding though as I feel like I make a difference and I have access to lots of education programs.

No comments: