Friday, October 5, 2007

First Day

Wow!!! what a week. Tuesday was a very emotional day. Traveling to Melbourne for Nanna's funeral was sad, happy and very tiring. Sad because I was saying good bye to a wonderful woman who had a powerful influence on my life. Happy because Nanna had a wonderful, happy and long life. Tiring simply because of the emotions of the day (and that it was a long day). It is also an ending. Nanna was the central person that kept our families (Aunts, Uncles and Cousins) together. This photo is of all the cousins and will quite possibly be the last photo of this type.

Wednesday and Thursday have been quite relaxing and I have enjoyed life getting back to some semblance of normality. I have attended prenatal visits with my clients and have made live my new website www.scraptastic.net.au This is my latest commercial endeavour which I'm sure I'll write more about soon.

Today has been a big day. It was my first day working on the ward as a Midwife within the hospital system. It has been challenging as it is a long time since I've worked in this way. I've been an independent midwife for over 8 years now. The hospital has a lot to offer in the way of education as a midwife and lots of support for staff. It also has lots of negatives - but nothing I can't work my way around. I hope to have a major influence both on the midwives I work with and the women and families I care for.

No comments: